Friday, July 13, 2007

Obesa Cantavit

You might be forgiven if you think we are a musical family. Actually, nothing could be farther from the truth. In 28 years my husband, the Baritone Solo, has never sung Kiddush on Friday night twice to the same tune. I am mildly tone-deaf, which does not stop me singing along with Andrea Bocelli or Joan Baez when I'm alone in the house (not very often any more, which is probably a great comfort to the neighbors.)

Our Son The Tenor used to sound rather like a dying cow when he attempted to be a Mizrachi singer, back in high school. He now lives in NYC, and I don't know if he still tries to impress girls with his voice. I hope not.

Neither of the girls sings although the Prima Donna has lungs of iron and is not shy about letting out a geshrei when the Diva takes an item of her clothes without permission. So far both the Fiances are mute. The PDF is heavily armed (being in the Israeli equivalent of a SWAT team) so he doesn't really need to make a sound, and the DivaF is generally humming in agreement with whatever the Diva croons.

Ah yes, my moniker. It means "the fat lady has sung", you illiterate. What kinda eddicashun yu got that you don't know Latin? Want me to stick my spear up your whatsis so you'll remember?

No comments: